Konbanwa!
That's 'Good evening' in Japanese, written in Romaji cause I have no idea how to type kanji on my keyboard, I don't think it's possible.
Anyways, I finished watched Nanoha StrikerS today. So. Freaking. Awesome. Nanoha was a great series - not your typical magical girl anime, though I haven't really watched any other magical girl anime shows. It's amazing. There are lesbian under/over/obvious tones, which is cool. In the first and second series you get to watch nine year olds kick the ever loving crap out of each other. Hint; Nanoha always 'befriends' the enemy....with a Divine Buster. Aside from the endings of every series being the same :
blow something big up
Befriend the enemy
unleash a deus ex machina over the cast.
it's still really good. It's got good character development, proof that yelling does indeed make you stronger, some really awesome scenes and character designs. Just don't watch it in English dub. I was setting up to watch Descendants of Darkness on JustDubs (I'm going to watch in sub as well, to compare. There're only 13 episodes) and I decided to see what was new.
'Oh wow, they have the first season of Nanoha up! I didn't know it was in dub. Let's check this out.'
-loads up episode one-
-voice starts talking-
'.....HOLY CRAP! That's NANOHA!??? No freaking way.'
-skips forwards-
'Arisa and Suzuka sound ok, I guess'
-skips to hear Yuuno-kun-
'RAAAAAAGE!!!'
Nanoha and Yuuno's voices are just way too high. No...just...no. I didn't even want to know how they made Fate sound.
Lesson; sometimes Japanese is better. If you're going to watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, watch in subbed form. Anything else is fail. Besides, there are all 3 seasons subbed on YouTube and they're easy to find.
I'm partway done with my Haruhi headband. Somehow my mother has done most of it. I don't entirely know how me asking which glue I should use morphed into her glueing it. It should be done by tomorrow.
I'll start on Descendants of Darkness tomorrow as well. I should be able to finish watching at least the dub before the end of the week. Since it's only 13 episodes it should only take a day or two at the most, even if I do other stuff.
BYE
No comments:
Post a Comment