So, I started watching Descendants of Darkness. I watched a little in dub and a little in sub then watched the first three episodes in dub. I think that both of them are pretty good but in both there are voices that annoy me.
-sigh-
It's hard to decide whether to just watch all my anime in subs or to watch what I can in dub. Some dubs are really good - haruhi was good, lucky star, azumanga daioh....but then, like I said in my previous post, Nanoha was really bad. This is an issue because I want to watch anime and I like it in dub and sub. I can get used to the voices for each character pretty quickly. I guess that's the issue for most people. They watch in either dub or sub and then when they watch the other it sounds all wrong because you have the other version set in your mind. This makes it difficult. It wouldn't be a bad thing if I watched shows in both, but I don't have the time to.
The debate I'm having is whether I should just watch everything in subs from now on. I mean, I have to rewatch Haruhi in subs for certain because whoever uploaded the dubs to JustDubs messed up and there were duplicate episodes listed as different episodes and I never got to watch episode 00. I want to rewatch Lucky Star and Hell Girl as well, though, the dub for Hell Girl I thought was really good, especially Enma Ai's voice. The emotionless but slightly sad and almost whispered tone was perfect.
It's probably good for me to watch in subs as I am trying to learn the language and that might be something that would help.
Ah well, I'm going to watch Descendants of Darkness in a mix of dub and sub for a bit. I'll watch 3 eps in sub and then decide. Hisoka's voice is better in the dub, I think.
If I'm really honest, I'm only really watching it for the bishounen and the promise of boylove that was in the manga and is so hinted at in the anime so far. It's like the lesbian undertones in Nanoha, but with guys.
Heh, yeah I'm a little bit of a fangirl.
Speaking of which, even though I haven't watched Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, the teen book section and the poster section of Asda has left me in despair!
There were two twilight posters and a Robert Pattinson poster. Arghghgh. And the top shelf take-the-majority books for teenagers were supernatural romance, one being twilight, one being Darke Academy, one being something about a guardian angel and some others. Uhm, vampire diaries and I think maybe House of Night.
I am the only one who's starting to get annoyed at the amount of supernatural romance around nowadays? And the amount of 'urban supernatural' novels. I like them, sure, but there are so many and they're all so samey! Out of what I've read, I really like Lilith Saintcrow's work. I have only read on of her books but it's really good. And Jenna Black wrote a really good 'urban supernatural' one. You know the type I'm sure. The very dark, sexy, oh-look-a-demon-let's-make-out type books. The ones where bad things are dangerous but sexy. That type.
Supernatural romance....oh, god, the vampire love story has been done to death in my mind. That's why I like the Vampire Chronicles so much. Anne Rice's vampires are sensual, yet they don't - can't - have sex and so they bite people for that feeling. In the books the act of drinking someones blood is essentially described as the closest thing a vamp can get to orgasm. Yum :p
Anyhow, I like the vamps like that. They are DEAD and DEAD things can't get it up. They're either completely stiff ALL OVER, ALL the TIME or they can't. And you know, Miss Swan, you could be counted as a necrophiliac.
I don't much approve of the 'let's go find a hot DEAD guy and make out' mindset. Demons, yes. They are living. Not our type of living, but they're alive. Werewolves - also alive. Bishounen Shinigami....can gods of death be counted as alive? At any rate, the ones in Descendants of Darkness are human enough to bleed and probably die, so I would count them as living. They become Gods of Death by dying, but, so long as it's Shinigami to Shinigami boylove, I'm not too bothered.
The moral of this post is, I think;
Subs are usually better than dubs, but dubs can be awesome. Watch anime in half and half.
Also:
DONT HAVE SEX WITH VAMPIRES.
for (i =0; i<8; i++) {
ReplyDeletedocument.print("Subs are win!!! ");
}
Subs are win!!! Subs are win!!! Subs are win!!! Subs are win!!! Subs are win!!! Subs are win!!! Subs are win!!! Subs are win!!!
aaaaaanyway... I like subs. Feels more authentic and after a while I forget they are even there. And bad dubs suuuuck. Moreover, if you are learning Japanese then subs are better no?