Monday, 10 August 2009

Just like that feeling you get when you have a new idea

Konnichiwa~!

How are we all?

Good, good. Awesome.

Anyhow, I was planning to watch more Descendants of Darkness today but AnimeCrazy hates me and won't load the page for episode six. Grrr.

Anyhow, I was working some more on my Haruhi headband and it has failed. I think we're giving up with ribbon and just going to go and buy some material, even though it's kinda expensive.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before I go to Wales.

Blah, still have coursework to do. Still learning Japanese. I can count to four! Kinda.

ichi, ni, san, yon/shi...uhm....go!, roku, nana/shichi, hachi, kyuu/ku, juu...

I so totally wasn't looking at my notes for five and onwards. Not at all. heheh ;^-^

Ah well. At least I can say good morning two ways, good afternoon, good evening, and about three of four ways to say thank you. And I can introduce myself when I first meet someone:

Hajimemashite. Sam desu. Dozo yoroshiku.

Yay! I can pronounce stuff pretty well I think. So guys, when I come back to school, expect me to say thank you in Japanese. And to say either 'n' or 'hai' instead of yes. And to say ohayo gozaimasu! or ohayo! in the morning. Heheh. But the language is really fun to learn. The kanji are pretty hard to write but I kind of understand how you construct them and how you write sentences. The way the Japanese talk is really interesting.

I think if I can learn Japanese I might learn other languages as well. I mean, I used to be decent at French but then I stopped having lessons once year ten started so I forgot most of it. Maybe I'll learn an easier language next time, like Spanish or Italian. One that's more similar to English. In sentence structure as well as letters (Subject-verb-object is the order for English whereas Japanese is constructed as subject-object-verb)

Yay language! Learning can be fun, who'd have thought.

Also, my mother just now came in with an awesome looking gold headband! She fixed my mess-up on it! Yes! Admittedly there is some tape on the inside to hold parts down but it looks much neater than what I'd managed. All I have to do it attach the ribbons. The only way I can think of is to use double sided tape like I did for the rest of the headband. But my mother did say that if it looks good and I wear it loads then we'll buy material and make a better one.

Yay cosplay!

Though, I wish I'd managed to make it all myself instead of doing what I could, failing and giving up. I give up to easily with a lot of things :3

Ittekimasu!
(Essentially 'see you later/I'll be back/I'm going now' type phrase in Japanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment