Saturday, 9 October 2010

...FEK

Okay, so, I had planned to rewrite Mirror Mirror for NaNo this year. I've been fixing up plot holes, developing characters etc etc in my little notebook. I was happily re-hashing away and then BAM!

Last night at line dancing we did Dance Like You're The Only One. Which is set to Sun Goes Down by David Jordan. This wouldn't be a problem normally. I love the song and I love the dance and it's pretty easy, even when I'm so tired I'm falling over.

Then the music kicks in and WHAMMO! (there will be many comical sound effects today. Deal.) I suddenly want to write a book called 'Till The Sun Goes Down. These are the lyrics I mainly like (namely the ones that aren't about dancing and shake-make-it-funky-down-ing)

Open your eyes cause another day is dawning
Children of the moon can you hear them all calling?
Skies open up and an angel starts falling
Listen to the beasts, can you hear them hollering?

We're right on time, and all is fine
If you've lost your senses, here have mine and..

Lose yourself from the time
you awake till the evening time
till the sunshine breaks.

Fire's burning on and so there's children in the forest playing
Just come forget this too because the beast is hunting for its prey


So yeah. I also have two character names...sort of.

Elena // Eterna (Eterna cause that was the label on the hand dryer I used after I went to the toilet after the song. SHUT UP)
Rauk/Raurk/Rouk/Rourk - can't decide, I think I like the first one best. That was from a verbal slip up of walk Linda made.

All I know about this story is that Elena has yellow eyes and is represented by a photo of me I've wanted to use as a cover for some time on the cover I just spent about an hour (?) making in photoshop when I should have been doing my college work.

ARRRRRGGHHHH!

Now I have a dilemma. I could plot out and work out things about TTSGD and do that for NaNo. It would be a fun adventure with new characters and events and things. And that's what the spirit of NaNo is about.

Or I could rewrite MM like I planned to and make it better, shinier and way more awesome. I'm going to phase plan it ANYWAY so I might as well do it during a month where I'm guaranteed to finish the stupid thing.

Thing is, TTSGD feels like it will be fun. I love MM and the characters and everything (my arms are tingling, that can't be good can it? I hope I haven't got that weird thing I had in JulNo that was like RSI but REALLY FREAKING PAINFUL)

sidetracked.

Anyway. I don't know what to do. I kind of really want to find out what TTSGD is about but having a story where I know the basic plot etc and can have an outline done for in maybe a week or so would be helpful. I love NaNo and will do it but having a plot outline makes me work faster and produce more in a shorter amount of time. Since I have so much work to do for college I don't know if I can afford to spend a whole month working at a novel I know nothing about.

Speaking of which, I need to write an essay for english about Lady Bracknell and how she is a TRANSIT VAN OF SATIRE.

recurring joke lol.

Also I'm supposed to be getting an essay every two weeks for english. They'll only have to be about 1k each, which admittedly isn't a lot but I freak out about things for english. They have to be PERFECT.

Art is so demanding too. Cycling two miles there and two miles back to and from college every day is killing me slowly, especially since my books are so heavy. I have two A3 hardback sketchbooks and two other sketchbooks that are A4 and hardback. Admittedly mostly I only have to take one book in but it's still a strain. I have done a lot of work but there's still more I have to do, since we have 18 units to finish in two years.

Currently I'm working on: Painting, Repeat Pattern, 2D/3D, Narrative Photography and Making the Ordinary Extraordinary(Digital Media). Also I'm having life drawing classes.

GAAAAHHHHH.

Oh well.

Still don't know what to do, so yeah. I'll make a decision...hmm, probably on October 31st.

BAI

No comments:

Post a Comment