Saturday, 16 October 2010

GIANT PIGEON

Yeah.

I had another driving lesson today. It went pretty well, and I'm getting the hang of changing gears and stuff, so that's all good. I only stalled a few times trying to do the clutch+brake to lifted clutch+accelerator change thing for going right on a turning thing.

Anyways. There was a sculpture of a giant pigeon in one of the business parks where I'm having my lessons. I drove past it and my instructor told me about it. It's kind of...weird.

I'm hyped for NaNo. This is the first time I've developed and plotted a story in such detail and not fallen out with it. I lovelovelove the characters for Till The Sun Goes Down (yes, Mirror Mirror got thrown away somewhat, ignore me)

Elena's just so cool though her curse mark design has changed since I made the cover, so I need to do something about that. I do like the cover but it doesn't exactly reflect the story at all. I mean, the story is very high-fantasy but with a few cliches removed, not the sort of YA fantasy that my cover design is usually paired with.

And Elena's been giving me all sorts of interesting tidbits. She can play the harp. She likes to dance. She likes folk-y music.

She's one of the more 'real' characters I've created in my life. It's so good to finally have a mature story going. Not mature as in the content, as in the creation of it. It's the difference between a sketch and a life drawing. I've put the effort in and I can reap the rewards from it.

In other news, I have to write an essay for art about the bauhaus movement over half term, and make a storyboard for an existing movie (probably going to do Labyrinth simply because I know the story so well and can focus on picking out scenes more easily).

booo.

I'm getting on with my art, to an extent. Sure, there's loads I need to do and want to do, but I know what they are, which is better than having to do stuff and not knowing what.

I've got some kind of addiction to j-rock tag radio on last fm. Versailles, Maximum the Hormone and Dir en Grey are love. So are l'arc~en~ciel, who I'm starting to adore. I also quite like HIGH and MIGHTY COLOUR. CURSE YOU JAPAAAAAANNNN.

They make such epic music it's just like...gaahhhh.

Another side note, Claires had custom fit fangs for 4.50. I may get them on Monday if they're still there, cause that's fricken awesome. Ever since I found out about custom fits from the Scarecrow ones I've wanted some. The ones from Scarecrow are pretty expensive, like £12 or £13 I think. So getting some, even if they're sub-par, for 4.50 would be awesome. Yeah, if they're still selling them then I'll treat myself with my birthday money. I still want to get the Pentax X-90 but that's seeming more and more like a far off dream.

I entered a writing competition the other day on JotSpeak. Check it out if you want, cause it's pretty cool. I've been looking up a lot of writing comps, actually, because there are some free ones out there where you can win money, which would be really useful. I'm gonna try and enter a short story contest run by Wyvern Publications because it doesn't end in money but in publication in an anthology. The comp is to write a short vampire story that's actually scary. I need to write the story but I think I can do it, and to get published would be so cool. I know I've got things in print but it would be nice to have something more up to date in a book.

There's another comp that I might enter where it's just a short story on any topic to win £100. I might as well give it a shot, right? If I enter enough things I'm bound to win eventually.

Anyway, that's enough for now, I gotta get back to plotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment