For once there is a reason for my snappy blog title. I might be reorgansing my room soon! Yay!
Here is why I am so excited:
I have the smallest room in the house and I have too much stuff. At the moment I barely have room to move in my room. My desk and bookcase are under my bed. I have books under my bed. I have a wardrobe built into my wall that is tiny. My chest of drawers is fit to bursting. I have a corner cupboard that, while space effecient, takes up a lot of room. I can't use the top of it for anything because of the huge dolls house I own (shut up.)
If I get to re-organise, I will have a new big bookcase next to my bed. My dollhouse will be in it. I will have my radio and the internet modem thingy's on top of it. I won't have books under my bed anymore. I will have enough space to put my sax and clarinet up in my room, something I really want to do so that I can practice in peace and quiet.
My dad is against this because the bookcase is currently in his and my mums room holding all of HIS books, magazines and stuff. He thinks there won't be anywhere to put this. He thinks that we can't throw away any of the stuff in the various cupboards of his and my mums room. Also, my mum has a tooth infection and can't really do much right now cause it hurts and the meds make her all lethargic and sleepy.
But she's up for it. She wants their room to be a ROOM not a dumping ground. I've promised to help clear it because I really want to have a room that is a room, not a box. We're going to start boxing up my stuff to move it temporarily tomorrow when my dad isn't here to protest.
And yes, we've measured up and the bookcase will fit perfectly and take up less room than my corner cupboard does now. The only issue is that there is a cupboard thing on the wall where it's going along with a shelf for the modems. They have to be moved. The shelf can go and the cupboard is going over my chest of drawers (which doubles as a dressing table). Then I can finally have somewhere decent to put all the jewellery that I never seem to get around to wearing.
IT WILL BE GREAT. I will have SPACE of some desciption. WOOOOOHOOOO!
I'm almost done with my JulNo, as you can see by the little bean thing. YAY ME. Life is good. I just need to play my instruments more and catch up on my reading and anime and it will be perfect.
It's so early I haven't even gotten fully washed and dressed yet but I don't care.
Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment